T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.
This week on T3 I reviewed the mobile recruiting and analytics solution Jibe. The one thing everyone knows in talent acquisition in 2015 is that candidates no longer just apply via their desktop computer. Candidates now apply to your jobs using a many different devices, smartphones, tablets, ultrabooks, etc. Organizations can no longer ignore mobile as being one of their largest potential candidate drivers. This is Jibe’s sweet spot!
Jibe is mobile native. This means they weren’t first a desktop software that developers made fit to the small screen. Jibe developed their solution specifically for the small screen. Jibe dramatically improves the candidate experience to candidates on your mobile experience. Jibe works with your current ATS to give candidates a best in class apply process via mobile.
Statistics show that anywhere from 50-80% of candidates will begin their job search process with you via mobile, but only 10-15% will actually complete that process via mobile. That’s a huge miss. You are forcing those candidates to another platform to finish, and when you do that most drop off.
Jibe also has a great recruiting analytics backend called Jibe Insights. Jibe basically takes your ATS data and fuses it with their apply data and can show you where in your process you’re falling down. The analytics behind source performance, and how Jibe can segment this down, is one of the best I’ve seen. Jibe also has a CRM module that has exceptional application for field and campus recruiting with one click mobile connect onsite at career fairs and other offsite locations.
5 Things I Really Like About Jibe:
1. Jibe doesn’t do what most of your ATS vendors will do and basically make your site a mini-site for mobile. It gives your candidates an industry leading mobile online experience, they believe is all you. From an employment branding perspective this is huge. You might not actually be the most technology advanced HR shop, but Jibe allows you to hide that fact!
2. Most ATS systems have analytics but they are really weak on the apply process side, which ends up being where most of your TA budget is spent. Jibe connects your ATS data with the apply data and specifically shows you what is giving you the best ROI and what isn’t.
3. Recruiting is a process, and it’s meant to be improved. Jibe uses supply chain type process models to help you improve your processes. Most corporate TA folks don’t think in the supply chain type mode, so it truly helps make you better at getting candidates into your pipeline.
4. Jibe’s Candidate Connect CRM has great application for field and campus recruiting. This process was just so easy, I was amazed. I can’t tell you how many hours I’ve spend on campus, only to go back and spend more hours trying to get those candidates into our system, or having most fall off when they don’t complete the process. One click and their in, right now, on campus, no waiting. That’s cool!
5. Jibe started on the social recruiting side as well, back when we just called it social media. Their ‘Get Referred’ product uses your employees professional networks to increase your referrals, and put your employee referral program on steroids.
If you take anything away from this review, it better be mobile is important. Look around you, everyone is using a device, and it’s usually not a desktop computer. We as Talent Acquisition pros need to embrace mobile and make sure candidates can find us and apply, easily via these channels. If you don’t, you’re going to be left behind.