This week on T3 I’m taking a look at Halogen Software. Halogen is a market leading provider of cloud-based software solutions for performance management, succession planning, learning, compensation, and recruiting and onboarding. Years ago when I first ran into Halogen I knew them as ‘the’ company for performance management, but they’ve grown so far beyond that!
As a Talent Management vendor, they built all their own stuff to make implementation seamless. This is unlike many HR Tech vendors who buy up smaller technologies, then cobble it all together. At Halogen every module relates back to improving and supporting employee performance – from job descriptions and applicant tracking through to succession, learning and compensation, all parts of the suite are linked to supporting performance.
They are deeply focused on improving the areas that matter most to employees and managers when it comes to performance. They give them tools and training to simplify the process, and focus on the things that make performance management ongoing – for real. Feedback, goals, development and coaching convos are at the heart of their performance management solution – including 1:1 Exchange – to really make the process ongoing, forward-focused and effective.
5 Things I really like about Halogen:
1. Halogen’s 1:1 Exchange. Look at this point we all already know that performance feedback should not be a once a year deal. Halogen not makes it easy for your managers to provide ongoing feedback, but the software actually teaches them and helps them with wording on how to do this most effectively!
2. Halogen’s 360 Multirater. I’m a big fan of providing 360 feedback to all of your employees, executives to mailroom. It has been some of the greatest performance and development feedback I’ve ever gotten in my career. Again, Halogen, makes it easy and inexpensive to do in-house on your own. I love this!
3. Halogen’s Job Description Builder. I like this module because it’s something 99% of us need right now! Let’s face it, your JD’s suck! But, guess what? So do 99% of JD’s in the industry, and that is why this part of Halogen’s software is so useful.
4. Halogen Succession. This is another thing that almost all companies are doing an awful job at, and something most need help with right now based on your workforce’s demographics. The research shows that HR departments biggest need right now in HR Tech is Succession solutions. Halogen embedded theirs right into Performance Management. Hey! Wow, that makes sense!
5. Customer Service. One thing I’ve learned jumping in with both feet into the HR Tech pool, is that there is some really, really cool technology available on the market. I’ve also learned that many of these companies bomb when it comes to implementation and ongoing support. Halogen is the exact opposite of this! I’ve talked with Halogen users on my own, and 100% of the time, they rave about Halogen’s customer service. This matters.
Halogen will be out at the HR Tech Conference next week at booth #2335. Make sure you check them out if you’re going to be in Vegas. If you do, stop by around Monday at 2:45pm, I’ll be interviewing some of their customers in the booth, and finding out what real problems they solved after implementing Halogen.
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.