T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be T3 – send me a note.
I love when I get to demo a company and I have absolutely no idea who and what they are going into it! That was me with WANTED Analytics. From the name I was guessing they were some sort of analytics HR company, like Visier, but I was pleasantly surprised that they were completely different. The name throws you, but the reality is they are a Sourcing Strategy company, not an HR analytics play.
What WANTED gives you is a complete picture of your sourcing environment, which allows you to build and plan the best strategy to attract the talent you need. What they deliver, in terms of data, charts and information is completely insane!
A common problem we face in Talent Acquisition is trying to build proper expectations when it comes to hiring with our hiring managers and our executive teams. Many times, our workforce plan is critical to a successful, or unsuccessful, launch of major programs and products. It’s critical that we provide a real-life view of the market conditions we are facing, and set realistic expectations with our hiring managers. WANTED gives you really easy ways to do this, and the ‘arts and charts’ they provide make it easy to consume for those folks you are working with you are visual learners.
You can also use WANTED to do some really cool sourcing using their historical hiring analysis. This basically gives you a quick look back in the market you’re searching of who was hiring just a few month, to year ago, for the same types of positions. So? This gives you an instant sourcing model on where to find your the talent you’ll be going after, and many times provides you with leads you never thought of.
What I really like about WANTED Analytics:
1. The data set they pull from is stupid big. Over a billion job postings collected since 2005, and 10 Million per week in the US alone, gives you piece of mind that the market data you’re basing major sourcing decisions on is better than you’ll get anywhere else. This amount of data allows you to get very specific in your sourcing.
2. They’re data source neutral. Many data companies are pulling only from a handful of sources, and sometimes specifically leaving a source out for competitive reason. WANTED is Switzerland, they pull from everywhere!
3. ATS plugin which allows your recruiters and sources to use this within their native tools, and really gives them the ability to leverage WANTED on an entire never level.
4. Gives Talent Acquisition leadership a tool they really have never had in terms of ‘live’ market data, to assist them in building realistic talent, sourcing and workforce plans. Provides unmatched competitive compensation data, job descriptions and historical competitive hiring data. Global in reach, covering the world’s largest 22 economies.
5. Really pretty Heat Maps! Let’s face it, hiring managers and executives love arts and charts, and heat maps, and WANTED knocks this out of the park. Critical in delivering the message you want. Plus, from the sourcing perspective, none of these charts are ‘flat’, everything is click through. This was super power.
For those interested, WANTED Analytics isn’t super expensive, and you can definitely make it back on sourcing alone, although, the TA executives will love it for forecasting and planning. 1 user will run your around $12K, 10 users $24K. For big shops, a tool like this easily pays for itself. SMB players will probably have to justify it more specifically.
Pingback: Tim Sackett talks T3 - WANTED Analytics - Fistful of TalentFistful of Talent