This week on T3 I review the SMB HRIS technology Namely. Namely is a core HRIS system for growing and midsize organizations. Along with the core HR function Namely also does Payroll, Benefits, and Performance Management. You get a lot for a system originally designed to serve the SMB market, plus with their open API model, Namely easily integrates with other Saas software you use, like your ATS, background check technology, etc.
Namely was designed to be an HRIS system that your employees will use, not just HR. You’ll notice it has a social media-esque feel to it that will put your employees at ease when logging in and using the platform. One big differentiator for Namely is their integration with benefits brokers, and their ability to act as your broker as well. About 35% of Namely clients use them for their benefits, so online Open Enrollment is a given within the platform.
5 Things I really like about Namely:
1. Performance Management is a great addition to the core HRIS. Namely was built to be your core HRIS, but their performance management is really good. Create goals, cascade those down across departments and managers, track, review, etc. Plus, the system will auto-communicated out to managers and employees when goals are reached, progress, etc.
2. Organization Chart Management. This wasn’t something I was expecting from Namely and it’s not super robust, but to have this functionality in a core HRIS system for smaller organizations is really nice, and so many want this, especially those in fast-growing organizations.
3. Benefit Integration. It’s one thing to have a system that will work with your benefit’s broker, it’s another to have one that will actually do all the benefits as well! Namely works exceptionally well at managing your benefits because it’s set up to do this on its own if you choose. If you want to maintain your current broker, the system will work with them. One of the better interfaces for a core HRIS around this function.
4. Time card functionality and electronic signature. Again, for growing organizations these are must haves and Namely delivers.
5. Robust Reporting. Namely allows you to pull anything out of their system in customizable reporting but also builds most of you what you need including ACA reporting, payroll reporting, benefit plan summaries, etc. Easy to navigate and build what you need.
Namely is designed for small to medium sized organizations that don’t have huge HR teams. The platform is easy to use and is built for your employees to be able to navigate around and get what they need without a ton of help from HR.
I hesitate to call this an entry level HRIS system because it’s not. Namely will fall into that category as an organizations ‘first’ HRIS, but they’ve definitely taken it up a notch and provide way more than most HRIS systems within this segment of the market. The benefits integration alone is far superior to most on the market, and providing performance management in a core product really sets it apart within the industry.
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great HR, recruiting, and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the tech space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.