This week on T3 I take a look at the HR technology app Health Fair Connections. Health Fair Connections (HFC) is a unique software that allows benefit’s professionals to secure vendors for their internal health fairs, maximize employee participation, and organize their entire health fair information in one platform.
HFC is a technology, not an event company. The technology allows HR departments to list their event and receive interest back from vendors who have shown interest in attending your internal employee health fairs. The software automates the entire process. No meeting with tons of different vendors or having a million calls to make.
The technology allows you to control the entire process. Vendors send you an ‘interview’ sheet via the platform for your event. You simply pick which vendors you want to attend. You can also personally invite vendors from the platform that you want to attend as well. Part of the process is you building a profile of your organization and offerings so that each vendor you choose, you already will know they accept your insurance.
5 Things I really like about Health Fair Connections:
1. Setting up the annual, or Bi-annual, employee health fair is a pain in the butt! I’ve done it! Having a proven platform that basically does it for me would be excellent! HFC has done over 300 employee health fairs already this year, so the software is proven and they’ve worked out the bugs.
2. The platform has a reminder and rating system, so they have an extremely low drop off of vendors not showing up! The software has almost eliminated the no-shows at your fairs and having tables left open the day of your fair. As a user of the system you can see vendor profiles and they’re ratings given by other HR pros who used them at their events. You can also message vendors right from the system with any questions you might have.
3. No cost for organizations using it. Vendors pay to participate (and it’s fairly inexpensive for them as well), and if you personally invite a vendor they get to come for free! So, you can use all of your normal vendors and supplement with some new ones as well.
4. Customizable marketing materials, event flyers, etc. to help promote the event to your employees can be downloaded and printed right from the platform! It seems like HFC has thought of just about everything when it comes to running employee health fairs.
5. Wide selection of vendors for most large metropolitan areas, but even with markets as small as 50,000 you would be shocked at the number of vendors they have, plus HFC will go out and find others for you if you don’t find the type of vendors you want in your area. You can also use HFC for events other than health fairs, like lunch and learns, demos, employee workshops, etc.
Let’s be honest, employee health fairs are not sexy and technology running them won’t fall into the ‘sexy’ category either, but I was really impressed with this tool! For those of us who have put these on and it’s part of our job to put them on in the future, it can be a big headache and it’s awesome that someone knew this and came up with technology to help!
(Hat tip to Steve Browne, SHRM Board Member and HR Leader for LaRosa’s, for the referral of HFC – another HR pro who saw this and thought like I did!)
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great HR, recruiting, and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the tech space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.