This week on the Weekly Dose I take a look at some of the new additions from Oracle Cloud HCM. Oracle is one of the big three HCM plays (Oracle, SAP, Workday – control the vast majority of the F500 HR tech spend). I think it’s important for us to understand what the big boys are doing in HCM because often we see their products and features become the gold standard across HR.
Oracle Cloud HCM has been working to meet the growing employee expectations within our organizations that desire more personalization, personal and professional development, and control of their career journey. Increased ability to own their own development and freedom of mobility within the organization are top of mind in the HCM space.
Here is what Oracle recently released:
Personalized Employee Journeys: New tools help organizations deliver an improved and personalized employee experience:
- Journeys: Provides a seamless, step-by-step experience for employees as they move through personal and professional situations that require complex tasks and interactions. Journeys gathers various components necessary for these multipart processes to take the confusion out of activities like re-boarding employees as they return to the office, or helping employees manage their physical and mental wellness by providing access to health resources provided by the organization.
- Profile Video Introduction with Connections: Helps teams feel more connected when working remotely by allowing employees to add a customized 10-second video introduction to their profile page in Oracle Connections.
Increased Career Mobility: New career development products help organizations quickly meet changing needs, increase career mobility, and encourage employee growth:
- Opportunity Marketplace: Helps employees discover opportunities to grow within their organization, learn new skills, and expand beyond their traditional role to find long-term success and satisfaction. By making it quick and easy for employees to discover short-term projects and internal job postings, Opportunity Marketplace helps organizations tap into existing talent and fill short-term needs in new ways.
- Open Jobs for My Career: Flags new and relevant roles to make it easy for employees to apply for new roles internally. The new Open Jobs for My Career tool gives employees the support and resources needed to continue growing their careers within the organization, instead of looking elsewhere for new opportunities.
HR Best Practices on Tap: New features streamline complex HR processes and improve data accuracy:
- Oracle Payroll Connect: Streamlines processes with key payroll partners by making data accessible in real time directly through Oracle Cloud HCM. With access to all necessary payroll information on one platform, HR leaders do not need to go back-and-forth between software to pull necessary employee payroll information, improving both efficiency and data accuracy.
- Oracle Anytime Pay: Provides employees with the opportunity to get paid for time worked in advance of their pay cycle. This employee loyalty offering enables HR to meet new workforce demands, especially with the rise in contract workers and gig projects that have more on-demand payment requirements.
- Updates to Experience Design Studio: Improves data accuracy for HR teams with expanded autocomplete and localization features. For example, by automatically identifying employee-specific location, the autocomplete feature in the Experience Design Studio can improve process efficiency and decrease data errors for HR when updating benefits or payroll information.
Connected People Analytics: Enhanced analytics deliver enterprise-wide visibility to enable better decision making and prioritize diversity and inclusion:
- Diversity Dashboard with Oracle Fusion HCM Analytics: Expands the possibilities of data by providing personalized business analytics for HR decision makers. The rich set of more than 50 HR KPIs, dashboards, and reports in Oracle Analytics for Cloud HCM include a Diversity dashboard. The pre-built dashboard highlights key statistics and trends to help HR teams better analyze employee data and improve initiatives around diversity and inclusion in their workforce.
I love the focus on internal mobility and Oracle creating a marketplace for their users to deliver to their employees. We’ve seen a similar marketplace concept from Workday last year, and it’s been wildly popular with employees. I’m sure Oracle users will have a similar reaction.
D&I analytics are a must in today’s world and Oracle delivers using Fusion Analytics as the engine. This dashboard will be a daily reminder for leaders helping them drive change within their organization.
I personally have a little heartburn when we start talking about daily pay, because it breaks my heart that we live in a world where this is a needed feature within payroll, but it is, and for those who need it, Oracle delivered. The reality is, this is a feature that Oracle users asked for and our workforce desired, so daily pay is now a thing within Oracle!