It’s Thanksgiving, you shouldn’t be ready HR blog posts. You’ve got a problem. I can probably recommend someone for you to talk to, but now that you’re here, let me tell you about all the things I’m thankful for in HR and Recruiting.
Sackett’s Things He’s Thankful For in HR and Recruiting:
1. Employees who show up to work on time…and actually work.
2. Those little space heaters you can fit under your desk. I live in a cold climate, so those little space heaters are like warm puppies wrapped in warm puppies.
3. Candidates who aren’t completed idiots when asked where they see themselves in five years, and don’t say something like “well, probably working at another company”.
4. An ATS that doesn’t suck. Wait, that’s wishful, not thankful.
5. A hiring manager who actually appreciates the fact you had to go through 100 crappy candidates to get the one marginal candidate you were able to find her.
6. That finance only asked us to take a 7% cut to our HR budget this year.
7. That our CEO still truly believes that our employees are our greatest asset. Which is exactly what I wrote for him on our internal employee blog, that people still believe he writes.
8. That SHRM finally came up with certification that everyone will respect and honor, unlike that crappy HRCI certification they sold to us for the last 25 years.
9. That the recession is over and our friends in Learning and OD actually can have training classes again. Yay! Soft skills leadership development…
10. That Millennials will soon be the largest demographic in our workforce, and the fact I bought stock in trophy making companies.
Stay hungry my friends.