This week on T3 I’m reviewing the HRMS system of record technology HRCloud. HRCloud is a HR system of record technology designed for the SMB market. They compete in the same space as BambooHR. Companies that are probably looking at their first complete HR system, or updating from a home-grown solution to their integrated suite.
HRCloud has a super clean User Interface and a very modern look and feel. It’s HR software like you expect HR software to be. Easy to use. Adaptable to how you want to work, and thought out in a way that makes sense for everyday HR and Talent Acquisition processes.
HRCloud has three main modules: Core HR, Onboarding and Directory. Core HR is what you think it is. Employee file information, employee position tracking, compensation basics, data analytics, etc. Onboarding is what you should have in today modern age or giving new employees the forms and access to information they need, before they even show up on their first day.
Directory is a new module for HRCloud which is basically an App that all of your employees can access from any device. Directory allows employees to find contact information on anyone in your company (company contact, not personal!). Connect their social feeds, put a face to a name, share information about yourself, etc. This fosters a higher level of connectivity amongst your employees, and allows employees to find others with similar interests, raising engagement.
5 Things I really like about HRCloud:
1. I’m kind of a design snob when it comes to software, I’m finding. HRCloud kills it! I like simple and clean, and their inhouse design team flat out gets it, far more than most HR software design teams.
2. HRCloud doesn’t view themselves as an ‘entry level’ HRIS system, although their price point is in that range. They want to be your system for as big as you grow and they are building out their software to be that vendor.
3. They really have positioned themselves to be the Core HR system for technology companies. They built their processes around organizations that embrace technology and believe in technology, as can be seen in both their Onboarding and Directory products.
4. I really like how HRCloud tries to build in interaction and collaboration amongst your employees wherever possible within the system. I’m a big believer that if your employees are engaged with each other, they’ll be more engaged with their work. Your organization ultimately benefits from this. This goes way beyond where most core HR systems are.
5. HRCloud recently added a bunch of new stuff including time off tracking, off-boarding (which most of don’t really think about!), benefit tracking and even asset management (what stuff your employees have – iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc. – all that stuff adds up!).
If you are in the market for a Core HR system, HRCloud is definitely one you need to take a look at.
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.