This week on T3 I take a look at a piece of technology called Joberate. Joberate’s platform tracks real-time job seeking behaviors of the global workforce by leveraging publicly available social media data. Why is that important? Well, let me tell you!
Joberate’s machine learning predictive analytics platform generates a numerical score called J-Score, which represents a person’s job seeking activity level. In addition to J-Score, the platform performs psychological profiling based on the NLP (Natural Language Processing) of CV’s and Social Data. Think of this J-score like a FICO score for HR. Instead of payment history, you get job seeking history.
Basically, Joberate lets you know which candidates you should pursue and when! This cuts your time to fill, by as much as half. The Joberate platform basically informs you of when a passive candidate begins to become active before anyone knows they’re active.
5 Things I really like about Joberate:
1. Joberate allows you to create pools of candidates to follow and attract, letting you know through alerts when they begin to become active job seekers. This allows you to pick them off before your competition.
2. The J-Index measures the Fortune 500 from an entire corporation behavior, showing you which companies have increased employee attrition, giving you insight to which companies would be easier to target for sourcing.
3. Joberate will also show you the job-seeking behavior of your internal staff. This will allow you to use this data in a number of ways including save strategies for your high potentials. Can you imagine knowing when your best employees are just beginning a new job search, and being able to address it before it goes too far?
4. The Joberate Platform gives you insight from an internal mobility aspect as well. If you know your best employees are looking to make a move, why not just move them on your own!? You don’t even need to mention you know they’ve begun a search, just move them into a new role, and beat them to the punch.
5. Benchmark your hiring managers. The Joberate platform gives you the information to know which managers, by department, have high j-score indexes amongst their team. Why do certain managers turnover more than others? Which managers are in trouble because their entire team is out looking? How can you set them up for success?
Joberate gives you great insight to your turnover risk, unlike anything I’ve ever seen before. The platform will actually show you a graph by individual of when their job seeking behavior spikes, and it’s scary accurate! Also, your employees have no idea you have access to this information, which allows you to manage it proactively, verse how we do it now, which is to wait for a resignation or find a resume on a job board!
On top of that, it shows you which candidates are most likely be open to making moves and easier to recruit before they’re even on the market. Very cool piece of technology. It’s built for the enterprise level organization. But, if you have thousands of employees well worth taking a look at, the ROI on just being able to manage your turnover alone would be huge!
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the tech space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.