I was sitting in an airport last week just doing some people-watching. Airports are a good place to do this. I was watching a mom drag her kid down the hall on one of those kid leashes. Now, the kid was being an idiot and not wanting to walk, but the parent was the bigger idiot just dragging them across a gross airport hallway!
You hear this all the time, “People should have to take an IQ test before having kids”. But of course, this would make too much sense for society!
It got me thinking about when we should give someone an IQ test and when we shouldn’t. I came up with some ideas:
Things that should require you to take an IQ test:
- Having children
- Having the ability to post on a social media platform
- Operating any type of vehicle that goes over 12 miles per hour
- Being allowed to “reply all” to a work email
- Ordering at Starbucks
- Investing in Crypto, stocks, real estate, basically any investment you can’t tell me specifically how it works
- Getting through TSA and loading onto a plane
- Joining an organized religion
- Running for political office
- Buying a gun
Things you shouldn’t need an IQ test for:
- Most jobs
- Filling out taxes in America. We know how much you owe, but we’re going to force you to tell us how much you owe!
- Attending college
- Being nice to others
- Demonstrating civility in normal societal interactions
- Setting up email on your new smartphone
- Streaming TV shows and movies
- Logging onto WIFI
- Understanding extended warranties
- Understanding how a vaccine works
Turns out, you can’t fix stupid.
What did I miss? Add your comment below with the thing you believe needs an IQ test attached!