T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.
This week I took a look at the recruiting software Workable. It’s sold as the “simple recruiting software for fast growing businesses”. It’s part ATS, part social sourcing tool, part talent acquisition process enabler, but it’s 100% simple to use. That is by far what I walked away from after my demo, I actually bolded in my notes in capital letters:”SIMPLE!”
I’ve used a lot of recruiting solutions in my career, but this one might have been the most intuitive and easy to use right out of the box. It even let’s those proces crazy folks drop and drag the process and design it the way you want, and even change that process based on the position, hiring manager, etc. Workable gets recruiting and keeps it to what is is. Source candidates. Get them to apply. Phone screen them. Interview them. Make the offer. Hire them. Straightforward. Easy.
Just because it’s easy, though, it doesn’t take out all of today’s cool tools and technology. The solution automatically pulls in LinkedIn profiles of candidates who apply, under the same email address and puts their picture on their Workable profile. The systems tracks every single touch and creates a timeline that is transparent so everyone knows what is going on, who the hold ups are, and what the next step is.
If I had an older ATS that just wasn’t working, or wasn’t using an ATS at all and on the outlook for a ‘beginner’ recruiting solution, I would definitely take a look at Workable. Yeah, I said ‘beginner’, but that really isn’t fair, it probably fits more in the SMB space, where you just don’t’ have the resources for a full enterprise ATS solution, but you still want the tech the big boys have. Workable is designed specifically for a SMB recruiting solution!
5 Things I really like about Workable:
1. Simplicity in software is so hard to do. After about 30 minutes into the demo, I was pretty confident I could use the system all on my own, and be really good at it! It’s just one of those systems that is easy to use. That is exactly what is needed for companies growing quickly, who are usually understaffed and many areas in the business are utilizing the solution to help in hiring.
2. HR ladies will hate this, but I loved that it pulled in the candidates profile pic from LinkedIn. Hiring managers will love this as well. It’s a simple example of how Workable understands the user of this type of solution. (BTW – you can turn this function off, HR Ladies!)
3. Automatically posts jobs on a bunch of free sites, and easy integration to your paid sites. Plus, they can get you a big discount on the big boards, through leveraging their current clients buying power as one. Workable does all the regular stuff you expect as well, resume parsing, resume keyword searching, EEOC/OFCCP reports, source reports, candidate flow, etc.
4. Interview scheduling, email and calendar integration is very good. Plus, you don’t get charged by user, you get charged by job, so you can every single employee in your company use the system. This makes it easy to get adoption, when you’re not just trying to pick a small number of users to keep the cost down.
5. The ability to change and add to your process whenever you feel like it was really cool. Especially, if you’re just starting out on a big hiring project and you’re not quite sure, and you want to make some changes as you’re going. That’s reality! Fast growing companies need to be able to change quickly and move, Workable allows you to do that, simply.
I mentioned, briefly, but Workable doesn’t charge you by user, but by job posting by month. Need to hire 15 people one month, but none the next, Workable allows you to go up and down on pricing based on your use, and not lock you into one rate. You can even shut it down for a period, and come back when hiring picks up and all your data will still be there. Very inexpensive for what you get!
One last thing, this would #6, but I only do five. Workable will set up a mobile friendly careers page as part of your monthly fee. It’s a must have, they make it happen. You have no worries.
Check them out if you’re in need of a recruiting solution. I was really impressed!
Pingback: Tim Sackett dissects T3 - Workable - Fistful of TalentFistful of Talent