This week on T3 I take a look at the Pre-hire technology suite by CareerBuilder called Talentstream Technologies. Last week at CareerBuilder’s Empower conference, they launched a fully integrated suite of pre-hire recruitment services which you probably knew separately as CB1, Broadbean, Talent Network, RecruitmentEdge, EMSI, etc.
For those who haven’t been keeping up with CareerBuilder, they made a very conscience pivot a few years ago to move in a big way into the Talent Acquisition software business, a natural progression that aligns well with their job board business. Wise decision, and quite frankly, they are killing it on the software side! The launch of TalentStream just solidifies that CareerBuilder will be a major player in the TA technology race for years to come.
So, what is Talentstream? Talentstream Technologies bring together high-powered sourcing tools, massive job distribution, automatic CRM, easy candidate workflow and powerful recruitment analytics, all under one integrated platform. For those customers who still only need some aspects of TalentStream, you can still get the individual technologies you need without buying the full package.
Talentsteam has three main aspects: Recruitment Software, Sourcing Technology and Recruitment Analytics. It’s your ATS, Recruitment Automation and Business Intelligent tools all built into one. It can replace your current ATS, or work with your ATS. I think most companies who want to use TalentStream will eventually drop their current ATS and use the full product suite of TalentStream, they integration is to nice not to take advantage of it.
5 Things I really like about Talentstream Technologies:
- Talentstream Engage is an awesome re-engagement technology that does what we all say we want in Talent Acquisition which is how do we connect with all those great candidates who wanted us six or twelve months ago, but we didn’t need them at the time. Being able to seamlessly re-engage with this talent is paramount for a great TA shop’s effectiveness.
- Broadbean Job Distribution and Resume Search let’s you coral all of your job boards into one place. Yep, CareerBuilder has technology that allows you to use Monster, Dice, LI ,etc. all in one place, along side of CB. One platform. No need to jump around and search three or four different databases! This is life changing for recruiters working in multi-database environments.
- The full Recruitment Analytics suite in Talentstream. EMSI college analyst allows you to give deep into your college recruitment and really focus your efforts on those schools giving you the most return, but also tells you which schools you really should be going to based on the talent you need. Broadbean analytics suite pulls in all of your data and gives you great workflow funnels to show your hiring managers exactly what is happening on their search, with great graphics.
- The Candidate Sourcing Platform is not only gives you the access to CB’s database of 90 million profiles, but RecruiterEdge has another 400 million passive profiles, and it’s not just IT profiles. CB has profiles on roughly 80% of the licensed Physicians in America! They have profiles on skilled trades, truck drivers, etc.
- Ability of hiring managers to give feedback on candidates without having to get into the system. This is critical for recruitment process success. You need to get quick feedback, and we know managers aren’t going to take the time to live in ‘our’ system and tools. TalentStream gives you the ability to gather feedback from your hiring managers without having them have to log into the system.
CareerBuilder claims to have invested $1 Billion dollars into developing Talentsteam Technologies and I don’t doubt that amount after seeing the product live. This fully moves CB out of the job board play, and into the talent acquisition enterprise technology play. The benefit TalentStream will have over their competition is CB’s strength in job advertising that the other recruitment automation and ATS folks just don’t have.
Check out Talentstream Technologies, it’s well worth a demo.
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.