I’m on vacation this week, so you’re getting a best of week from The Project. These are the most read posts of 2015 to this point. Enjoy!
Last year I did blog series on The Top 25 Rap Lyrics that shaped my leadership style. The posts, individually, still get clicked a ton, so I decided to do a compilation of the 25 posts to make it easier for new readers to find all 25 (I know my family is really proud of me right now!). Taken out of context of the original post, you might be asking yourself “How the hell did this shape his leadership style?” If you find yourself asking that, click through the link to read the explanation!
Here you go – The Top 25 Rap Lyrics That Shaped My Leadership Style with links to the original posts:
1. “It’s like the more money we come across, the more problems we see” -Notorious B.I.G.
4. “I’m not a businessman. I’m a business, man.” -Jay-Z
6. “It’s funny how someone else’s success brings pain.” -Drake
7. “Success is my drug of choice…” – 50 Cent
8. “Forgive, but don’t forget.” -2Pac
11. “You’re young and dumb and quick with the tongue.” -Kool Mo Dee
13. “We all self conscious. I’m just the first to admit it.” -Kanye West
15. “Now you can be a victim, or you can lock and load.” -50 Cent
17. “You’re nobody till someone kills you.” -Notorious B.I.G.
20. “He’s only mediocre, jealousy can’t get with me.” -LL Cool J
21. “Elvis shaved his head when he went into the Army.” -Beastie Boys
22. “When the grass is cut, the snakes will show.” -Jay-Z
23. “ya know a lot of people believe that that word Love is real soft, but when you use it in your vocabulary like your addicted to it, it sneaks right up and takes you right out. So, for future reference, remember it’s alright to like or want a material item, but when you fall in love with it and you start scheming and carrying on for it, just remember, it’s gonna get’cha.” -KRS-1
25. “Change, shit I guess change is good for any of us. Whatever it take for any of y’all niggaz to get up out the hood. Shit, I’m wit cha, I ain’t mad at cha.Got nuttin but love for ya, do your thing boy.” – 2 Pac