This week on T3 I take a look at the recruiting platform Gr8People. Gr8People bills themselves as an all-in-one recruiting software solution, with it’s goal to eliminate the need for ‘third party’ software solutions. What they are trying to do is be the Oracle or SAP of recruiting software. A suite, where you don’t need to bring in any other pieces into your recruitment process.
The folks who are behind Gr8People are the same folks who developed and launched VirtualEdge back in the day. VirtualEdge was purchased by ADP, and ADP recently decided to sunset that product. When VirtualEdge was launched is the cutting edge. Gr8People is attempting to be as cutting edge in today’s terms.
The challenge most talent acquisition shops face today with technology is they can’t get everything they need in one piece of software: CRM, Sourcing, ATS, Branding, Search, hiring manager collaboration/approval/process, recruitment marketing, referrals, etc. Most shops will have 4-8 different solutions and pieces of tech to get all this done. Gr8People is trying to give you a one-stop shop for your entire talent acquisition process.
5 things I really like about Gr8People:
1. I say this frequently, but they are led by a group of folks who have been in the recruiting business combined well over a 100 years! That makes a huge difference. They are familiar with both the SMB market and enterprise. They just flat out get talent acquisition from the corporate side of the fence!
2. It’s module based so you don’t have to scrap your current ATS to begin using Gr8People, but most will once they start using the pieces. You can start with Sourcing and Branding, and it will integrate with your current ATS. What you’ll find is most will try this, but eventually dump their old ATS. The entire reason is because you want a suite of products that are designed to work together for your shop.
3. Extremely configurable to how you want your process to run. They’ll set up in a best practice model, but you can easily move things around to how your shop runs very easily.
4. One click apply from Facebook and LinkedIn! This is awesome and powerful, more companies should be doing this. If you really want passive candidates, don’t make them go through your 23 step apply process!
5. Embedded analytics that run throughout all the modules so you get complete metrics from marketing to source to apply to interview to hire.
There’s so much more: candidate self interview scheduling, built in talent communities, internal communication tools, real recruitment marketing. Like I said, these guys get recruiting automation and technology at a different level than most companies!
I will say, it’s not completely all-in-one. You still have some integration with outside technology that they partner with, although it’s invisible to you as they build and bill the integration on their end, for posting and searching across multiple job boards/sources. Also, they still have some pieces I would like to see added, like interview automation, selection assessments, onboarding, etc. (some of this is done with the organization’s system of record)
If you’re running a Talent Acquisition shop, you definitely need to demo Gr8People and check them out. At the very least they’ll give you some great insight to current best practices, and help you think about your own shop. At the best, they’ll give you a great option for a pretty strong recruiting platform!
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.