This week on T3 I take a look at the recruiting software Breezy. Breezy is part of a new genre of HR and Talent technology. In the past we might have called them technology ‘light’, because they are less expensive and simple to get started with, so they must have less. In today’s world that isn’t really the case.
For all intents and purposes, Breezy is to recruitment, as BambooHR is to HR. They are a perfect fit to be your first ATS, even though they aren’t what you think of when you think about your old traditional ATS. Breezy is mobile native, which is just a fancy way to say it was designed to be mostly used by mobile devices, although it works on desktop perfectly as well.
It was designed to be used by smaller teams who are moving fast. Startups, smaller companies wanting to add recruitment technology for the first time, etc. It’s user interface (UI), the part you and I see and use, feels very similar to using social technology you use every day like Facebook and LinkedIn. It’s also designed to be used by your entire team, not just recruiting and HR.
Breezy is designed to have almost zero implementation time. In literally minutes you can be adding jobs and candidates into the system, and scheduling interviews. It’s an ATS for the next generation, who is just getting started.
5 Things I really like about Breezy
1. Breezy has an iPhone app that allows you to text candidates and have a conversation with them, via text, and all of that gets automatically stored in their profile on the system. You can also email directly from the system to candidates and that communication is also stored in the candidate record.
2. Easy drag and drop interface, allows you to put candidates on jobs by just dragging their ‘card’ onto the job. This same design allows you build out your own hiring process very easily, so you can simply customize the process the way you want it to run.
3. Chrome extension which easily allows you to upload resumes and profiles into the system with one click.
4. The system auto links social profiles of candidates you upload from a resume, if they have them, which almost everyone has something these days.
5. Interview feedback loop with hiring managers, allows you to request and obtain interview feedback easily and seamlessly with hiring managers.
Great technology use to be something only large organizations could have, because it was so expensive. Breezy’s pricing model is extremely affordable, and it’s based on the number of positions you post monthly. Which is nice because it also allows you to flex the plan from month to month, as you hiring needs go up and down.
If you’re in the market for your first ATS, or you’re using a dinosaur you bought long ago and need an upgrade, but you’re still a small to medium sized company definitely check out Breezy.
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.