This week on T3 I take a look at the candidate recommendation engine, Saas recruiting software, called Brilent. Brilent is tackling one of the most challenging obstacles to innovation by helping recruiters place great talent. Brilent’s core technology instantly matches a pool of candidates to a company’s open positions.
Here’s the problem you have with your ATS – Candidate applies for a job you have open. A candidate doesn’t get that job, or isn’t qualified, and is almost immediately forgotten. With Brilent, when a candidate applies in your ATS Brilent matches their qualifications to every job you have listed and gives you a ranking on how well they match. They might have applied to Job 1, but they actually might be a better fit for Job 2.
Also, Brilent matches all the candidates in your database to instantly find hidden talent in your ATS you didn’t even know was there, or you just forgot about. Then gives you a ranking of which candidates in your database are the best match based on their search algorithm which is much more advanced than simple keyword search.
5 Things I Really Like About Brilent:
1. The team is led by former Facebook Data Science pros, so they know how to play with data really well! They understand this is a core issue for 99% of ATS users, and they’re finding a way to solve it!
2. The platform automatically matches candidates with all jobs, not just the one they’re applying for, and alerts them to jobs they are a strong match for. This ensures you that the candidate isn’t missing something, plus provides a higher candidate experience with no effort.
3. The system is built on machine learning so the more you use it to search your database to find great talent, the smarter it becomes to bring back possible matches, and less likely to bring back false-positive matches.
4. Brilent integrates directly with your ATS, and basically helps to cover up the single biggest weakness most ATS systems have in not allowing you to effectively leverage your database of candidates to find that hidden gold. The candidate who applied three years ago, but never went anywhere because your hiring manager found someone on his own. Bam! There she is again – ready to be contacted!
5. The ranking of candidates gives you a great visual of who has applied and who is in your database and who you should be contacting for the position based on how they ranked. Also, anytime a candidate applies and gets a highly ranked match of one of your jobs, the recruiter gets alerted immediately.
Sometimes the best technology is the one that makes the most sense. Brilent knows you normally don’t want to blow up your ATS and start over, but they also know your ATS isn’t working for you like you need it to work. So, they solve that. The best tech does that, it solves a problem and doesn’t blow up everything you have.
Well worth a look and a demo. It’s quick and easy to use. Check them out!
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the tech space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.