On February 2nd, at 1pm EST, Kris Dunn, The HR Capitalist and FOT01, and I will be putting on a 1 hour webinar called: Social Recruiting MacGyver Style! Our goal is to give the HR/Talent/Recruiting Pro who are busting there butts each day to bring better talent into their companies – so quick and easy tips on how to recruit and source talent on Facebook for little or no money.
So, what will it be all about – basically why and how we think Facebook will dominate the future of recruiting!
Here’s a few reasons:
1. 1 Billion Facebook members (they’ll hit that number soon) who are more active than LinkedIn’s core member. (Think about it – how many times per day do you check FB vs. LinkedIn?)
2. Facebook has everyone – I need to recruit many different functions – not just professional or technical. I need clerks, line workers, customer service reps, skilled trades, Nurses, lab techs…see where I’m going with this! Staffing and Recruiting departments just don’t recruit professionals – we need all levels of talent in our organizations.
3. I want to fish in a pond where there a few fishermen/women – not one where there is one fisherman for every fish. Recruiters are the most prevalent single profession on LinkedIn – or so it seems!
4. Referrals are my best hires and all of my employees (at every level) are on Facebook – I need to tap their networks.
5. Facebook and some of its App Developer partners, like BranchOut, have figured out some great ways for you to tap into their membership – to see who might have interest in your company or be willing to refer your company to their friends and family. We HR Pros love Easy Buttons!
Come check it out – if you know Kris and I we will guarantee 2 things:1. There is a good chance you will be entertained for an hour; 2. We love to share things that make HR and Talent Pros lives easier!
Facebook , Google, Linkedin. These companies are using OKR system for recruiting , managing these stuffs and setting strategic goals for them. You can learn about OKR more by https://corvisio.com/
Tim, you make some valid points but I have to disagree with the premise of the article. I am a recruiter and have been told by many of my friends that they are immediately turned off when a recruiter tries to connect with them via Facebook. Almost to a person, they say “That is what LinkedIn is for.” I think that a lot of people draw a line between personal (Facebook) and professional (LinkedIn).
I’m not saying that you can’t make hires on Facebook and maybe it can be more effective for lower level positions. I think we as recruiters think everyone thinks like us but there are a number of people (I would estimate the majority) who do not want to be contacted by a recruiter on Facebook. Work has seeped into the rest of their lives so this might be one of the last respites.
Any link to register? The Kris Dunn link is broke above.
Brian – Try this one – https://www3.gotomeeting.com/register/378413174