T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.
I’ve known NAS Recruitment Innovation is a company I’ve known and worked with for over ten years. It’s definitely a company I wanted to highlight on T3. I’ve written this before but in my mind there are two kinds of technology companies: 1. Born out of a technology solution; 2. Born out of a problem and adapted to the technology of the day. NAS, in my estimation, is in the later types of companies.
NAS was started as advertising, marketing, creative type company 60 years ago, specifically to help ‘personnel’ executives with something that hadn’t even been termed yet, but we know it today as “employment branding.” Today, they rival the best recruitment marketing firms out there from both a creative perspective and a technology perspective.
NAS’s main technology solution is called ACTIVATE and it’s a candidate attraction platform. With a powerful SEO engine at its core, ACTIVATE pushes branded job positions from your ATS to your career site. But ACTIVATE is more than SEO. ACTIVATE integrates decades of strategic recruitment expertise and industry-leading analysis to optimize your candidate sourcing platform and improve the overall effectiveness of your recruitment marketing program. In simple terms, ACTIVATE increases your candidate pull. NAS turns your career site into a candidate attraction site.
5 Things I really like about NAS – ACTIVATE
1. NAS’s people get corporate recruitment at a much higher level than most technology recruiting companies. It’s not just about the technology, you have to understand recruitment and candidates. You need people on your side in Talent Acquisition and HR that are creative and NAS does this as good as anyone!
2. The ACTIVATE platform increases your candidate experience through better design and without you having to do any heavy lifting. NAS gets how and why candidate search for jobs and uses this knowledge to deliver a great search and apply experience for candidates.
3. You don’t care about mobile, but your candidates do and the ACTIVATE platform will optimize this for you. A great example is recruiting Nurses. Nurses aren’t at a desktop all day, they’re constantly on the move. But they engage their mobile devices all day long. If you aren’t mobile optimized and delivering a great mobile experience, you’re missing out in a big way!
4. ACTIVATE delivers you real-time metrics from your career site. Big or small, this is a must have in today’s highly competitive talent market. If you don’t know what’s working, or what’s not working, you’re just flying blind. No talent acquisition leader wants to be in this position.
5. CRM functionality with custom branded email campaigns. Recruiting and CRM isn’t new, but it’s still something way too many shops are utilizing. If you do utilize a CRM you want to make sure it’s connected with the rest of your data, and the ACTIVATE platform does this with your ATS.
I’ve used NAS so in my mind they cater a little better to the talent acquisition pro who might not as technologically savvy as they would want to be. They definitely don’t try and shove tech down your throat, but will ease you into it and show you how you can make great strides with it in your department.
NAS recruiting innovation has the technology and know how to help your talent acquisition team take your entire organization to the next level. Check them out, I’ve personally used them in the past and they made my life easy. I don’t know if I can give a company higher praise than that!