SmashFly. Wierd name, really great technology for ‘Pre-Applicant’ engagement. Basically, SmashFly is a company that will make your recruitment marketing really work. No, not that flyer you made yourself with clipart. Real honest to goodness big boy and big girl marketing, for talent acquisition.
When most people think about recruiting, sourcing, etc. There is really little thought put into talent attraction. Wait, you mean we just don’t post jobs and candidates magically appear!?! Nope, they don’t. That’s why your hiring managers hate you!
We love to talk about ‘Talent Communities’ and ‘Talent Pools’ but few of us really know how to actively engage these, and even if you do know how, you don’t have the tool. This is where SmashFly comes in. Most companies now probably have something like a CRM (
Customer Candidate Relationship Management) tool. It might be baked into your ATS, or it’s something like Avature. You might use tools like Jobs2Web, Work4 or TweetMyJobs. These are all great ‘bolt-on’ type of tools that will do some of what Smashfly does. The difference being Smashfly isn’t disjointed, it’s end-to-end recruitment marketing in one box. Job Distribution, SEO, Career Site, Talent Networks, CRM, Mobile, Employee Referral Programs and Social.
Don’t underestimate the value in bringing all these disparate solutions into one platform, the data is unbelievable! SmashFly has the coolest analytics in sourcing that I’ve seen. You get real-time looks into candidate pipelines, their status and sourcing performance. Recruitment funnels by source, and where your internal roadblocks are! A full dashboard that will show you exactly which recruitment marketing initiatives are providing the most applicants, most qualified candidates and the most hires. It was really cool to see how many times the program bringing in the most applicants, isn’t your best for quality of hire, but we keep funneling money to these programs!
Companies that use someone like SmashFly are usually large mid-market to enterprise type employers. You’ll be hiring hundreds, if not, thousands of hires per year. You are already use to spending hundreds of thousands, if not millions, in recruitment marketing annually already. Smashfly will make this money work a lot better for you. A system like this pays for itself, year one, easily.
5 Things I like about SmashFly:
1. Unlimited landing pages. Guess what? Candidates like to feel special. Creating a website landing page just for a certain job or candidate makes them feel special. With Smashfly you can have a separate landing page for every job! You could create a landing page for a specific candidate you want “Tim’s Job Page”. Go crazy! They literally made one for me, in about 30 seconds. Your entire sourcing and recruiting team will be able to do these easily and all will match your branding and be connected to all systems. Seamless. No extra cost.
2. Ability to Engage and Disengage automatically. Getting ready to make an offer to a great candidate and all of sudden your CRM sends them an email about another position!? Ugh! That’s embarrassing. SmashFly’s system knows where a candidate is in your workflow and will disengage them automatically without you doing anything, and re-engage if that status changes and you need to again!
3. Full Control over Brand, Messaging across all channels (job ads, career sites, social, email campaigns, etc.). Want to change some messaging for a program on your career site, it will go across the platform everywhere else as well, or not, depending on how you want it. You create it when and where you want.
4. Complete Visibility through Analytics. It fully integrates with your ATS, so you get end-to-end analytics like nothing you have seen prior. It’s an agnostic platform so it will give you the real scoop and evaluate all channels and media to show you what is really working, and what is not!
5. Marketing automation for recruiting. Talent acquisition shops hate working with their internal marketing departments, because you’re never the priority. A system like Smashfly puts you back in control in to focus on the technologies and tools that can help you consistently and predictably attract qualified candidates.
It’s a really great tool, so powerful. Check them out, it will not be a waste of your time (Demo)!
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be T3 – send me a note.