If I hear one more person tell me that candidates don’t like phone calls, I’m going to shove a phone up your…
I’m not the smartest cat, but I know a couple of things. Here are a few things I know:
1. You can’t taste the difference of well Gin and high-end Gin after 4 Gin and Tonics.
2. French Fries, Onion rings and Tator Tots taste great fried and taste awful baked.
3. Great tasting chocolate is the reason women can be single. (okay, I stole that one from my wife!)
4. Candidates with car trouble are lying.
5. People like to be told that you want them for the a job! It’s flattering. It makes them feel important. It makes them feel valued. They love to listen to what you have to say, regardless of how satisfied they are in their job.
If I called you right now with a job that was something you have always wanted, guess what would happen? You would call me back. You would call me back almost instantly. You would run out to your car, telling the receptionist on the way out you have an urgent personal call, to hear what I have to say.
Those people. Those thought leaders. Those idiots, who are telling you candidates don’t like phone calls are LIARS!
Why are they lying to you? Here is why I think they are probably lying to you:
1. They are lazy and hope the internet will solve all of their problems.
2. They are hoping to talk the world into believing you never have to make a phone call to get a job.
3. They are scared.
I did a survey where I asked 100 people, mostly millennials, (all potential candidates, since all people are potential candidates) if I called you with your “Dream Job”, would you either pick up my call or call me back? Would you like to know the results?
100 out of 100 said they would pick up my call or call me back! 100%!
Recruiters who say candidates don’t like phone calls are not recruiters, they’re administrative professionals. Pay them accordingly.