This week on T3 I review the recruiter/sourcing training platform Social Talent. Okay, before we get started on Social Talent, I have a confession to make. I’ve actually known about Social Talent for a while but haven’t written about them because I was taking my entire team through their training! I didn’t write about them because I didn’t want to share how awesome it is!
Social talent is an on-demand platform that trains your recruiters to get a ‘black belt’ in internet recruitment. Social Talent also has an advanced black belt and an inclusion and diversity recruitment certification. The program is micro-video driven, enforces learning through quick quizzes on the learning and of course the big black belt certification assessment at the end.
The program is recruiter-driven and takes about an hour or so per week to complete, over 16 weeks. My recruiters actually spend a little more time than an hour per week because Social Talent continually adds in the newest information around sourcing and recruiting and the platform constantly engages your recruiters to learn more and get higher level skills.
5 Things I really like about Social Talent:
1. Built by recruiters for recruiters. The platform is built around learning, recruiting and performing. The training has changed the way my recruiters tackle an opening and opened up the number of sources each of them uses.
2. The bite-sized video in Social Talent is consumed easily and reinforced by practice. The training is developed in a way that allows both new recruiters and experienced recruiters to get the most out of it.
3. Social Talent isn’t only teaching the tech skills of Boolean Search, Advanced LinkedIn searching, etc., it’s teaching recruiters to build their own personal brand and how, to build networks and pipelines, and how to build your employer brand. It’s the gift and the curse of the platform, your recruiters will make themselves more valuable by going through this training. This is true development for recruiters just not skill-enhancement.
4. Metrics platform gives talent acquisition manager great insight to who is using the platform, how they are using the platform and gives them the ability to send social positive reinforcement. One of the best training platforms for recruiting I’ve seen that truly helps you ensure you get full user adoption and most out of your investment.
5. Ongoing bi-weekly live training sessions to reinforce all the new skills that your recruiters are learning, plus gives it lets them challenge the Social Talent team on their harderst searches and shows them exactly how the ‘pros’ would use the system.
I have to say this again, I didn’t want to share this with you because I truly believe it gives my recruiters a competitive advantage over every other company who doesn’t use it! But, I started T3 to share, so asmuch as this hurts me, I’m sharing this with you.
Socical Talent is the single best recruiter training tool I’ve used in my twenty-plus years of recruiting and managing recruiting teams. It’s not a small investment, but I can tell you that my team took full advantage and we feel like we’ve gotten a full return on our investment and my team, across the board loves it!
Check them out, you won’t be disappointed!
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great HR, recruiting, and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the tech space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.