This week on T3 I take a look at a niche piece of HR and Talent Acquisition software from GlideHR. GlideHR helps you do the one thing that 99% of us suck at really bad, make better Job Descriptions! You and I both know this is such a huge weakness in our HR and TA shops. Glide’s program makes this process really easy, and really fast.
What usually happens is a hiring manager comes to you and says they need to add someone to their team, or they are losing someone. If you haven’t hired for that position in a while, let’s say even a year, you pull out the last job description. Chances are ‘that’ job description you pull out was probably written ten years prior or just stolen from some other company that had a similar posting. Welcome to real HR kids.
You want your hiring manager to ‘revamp’ the JD. They start to work on it, don’t have the time or the patience, and tell you, “what you send me is great”. A week or so later you start filling their inbox with candidates and they say, “these all suck, none of them fit the job I have”, to which you say, “they all fit the JD!”
Sound familiar? Don’t get depressed, almost everyone does it the same way, or they use some dated program that spits out the most boring, worthless JD known to mankind. Take your pick.
GlideHR is an online system that let’s your hiring managers give the information that is needed in about 20 minutes of answering a series of questions, which is then sent to the Glide team who puts together awesome JDs based on your brand, the department, etc. All in about 48 hours. I can’t tell you how many weeks I’ve waited, sometimes, to get a JD back from a manager so we could start sourcing!
5 Things I really like about GlideHR
1. They solve a real problem that the majority of working HR and TA pros actually have. Bad Job Descriptions and almost no creative ability to make the sound like jobs people would actually want.
2. A mechanism and process that helps hiring managers provide the information that is needed, quickly, and doesn’t force them to write the entire thing.
3. Cultural focused job descriptions. You generic JDs aren’t getting anyone to apply. Also, your generic employment brand is getting anyone excited, either. But, what about the culture for that department? That leader? Glide helps align the JD to that level of your culture specifically.
4. Glide virtually eliminates your need for ‘launch meetings’ with hiring managers every time they have an opening. So, your efficiency as a department increases and you move faster.
5. In the grand scheme of things, it’s really inexpensive! Also, this is a tool that can be used by any sized shop. Small, Medium and Enterprise all get the same value. That’s rare in a technology.
GlideHR won’t change your HR or TA life, but it will definitely make it easier. Also, the perception from the organization and hiring managers will be that HR is finally doing something, because this is something everyone sees and reads. Don’t underestimate this. Small changes can make a huge difference in how the organization views your function and better, faster, more creative JDs can do this.
T3 – Talent Tech Tuesday – is a weekly series here at The Project to educate and inform everyone who stops by on a daily/weekly basis on some great recruiting and sourcing technologies that are on the market. None of the companies who I highlight are paying me for this promotion. There are so many really cool things going on in the space and I wanted to educate myself and share what I find. If you want to be on T3 – send me a note.
Pingback: T3 – GlideHR « The Tim Sackett Project - GlideHR
Hi Glenda, it would be great to touch base. If you could goto our website and fill out our contact form at http://www.glidehr.com/contact-us/ I will email you privately. Thanks!
I’m interested in hearing more about your software.